Sunday, October 29, 2023

Halloween Countdown: Ready or Not


 Ready or Not (2019)

When a woman marries into the estranged eccentric family of her husband, she gets more than she bargained for. She has to fight for her life and make it to sunrise or else become a sacrifice for continued prosperity.

This is, first and foremost, a very enjoyable, very violent romp. It is also a scathing look at rich people dynamics and how they are willing to literally walk over corpses. Grace is a fantastic and funny main character that contrasts perfectly with her husband's family. The end is beautifully cathartic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am in my mid 20s and finished my university career. My areas of study included media analysis, literary and cultural studies, linguistics, and history. I like reading, drawing, writing, movies, TV, friends, traveling, dancing and all kinds of small things that make me happy. Just trying to spread some love.

Books of 2023

A quick round up of the novels I read last year: Maggie Stiefvater - Greywaren    Third installment of the Dreamers trilogy in which differe...