Friday, October 27, 2023

Halloween Countdown: Nope

 Another newer movie tonight.


Nope (2022)

After their father's sudden death, siblings Emerald 'Em' and OJ Haywood try to keep their family horse training business afloat when mysterious happenstances start plaguing their ranch.

The wonderfully creepy trailer and poster (and to be honest, the name, too) enticed me to watch this movie which blew me away and became my favorite movie of 2022. It is one of the best movies - if not the best - that I've watched in the last years. Maybe it is not 'scary' in the way some people expect horror movies to be but it is tense and unsettling made me fear clouds on my way home from the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am in my mid 20s and finished my university career. My areas of study included media analysis, literary and cultural studies, linguistics, and history. I like reading, drawing, writing, movies, TV, friends, traveling, dancing and all kinds of small things that make me happy. Just trying to spread some love.

Books of 2023

A quick round up of the novels I read last year: Maggie Stiefvater - Greywaren    Third installment of the Dreamers trilogy in which differe...