Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Halloween Countdown: Nosferatu

 Resurfacing after one and a half years to bring you a Halloween countdown with horror movies I like, has some classics and some new ones and some which are more unknown.

Starting off with a true classic:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTAxYjEyMTctZTg3Ni00MGZmLWIxMmMtOGM2NTFiY2U3MmExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg 

Nosferatu (1922)

This German film is an unofficial adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula with the serial numbers filed off.  It is by far the oldest movie I have ever watched and my experience of first watching it with a projector definitely contributed to my enjoyment. It's interesting to see a familiar story in a, for me, unfamiliar way. If you are not used to silent films, it's fascinating to discover. And even if you are used to silent films it's still a good watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am in my mid 20s and finished my university career. My areas of study included media analysis, literary and cultural studies, linguistics, and history. I like reading, drawing, writing, movies, TV, friends, traveling, dancing and all kinds of small things that make me happy. Just trying to spread some love.

Books of 2023

A quick round up of the novels I read last year: Maggie Stiefvater - Greywaren    Third installment of the Dreamers trilogy in which differe...