Sunday, December 13, 2020

Let's talk Christmas movies: Jingle Jangle

 Jingle Jangle

Another Netflix movie and just like Klaus this one is gorgeous as well. The costumes are so inventive and colorful, everything is a joy to look at. The animation perfectly transports the magical elements of the movie. Apart from beautiful to look at it also has a beautiful story. A little girl goes to spend the holidays with her withdrawn grandfather, who was once the greatest inventor of the land until his apprentice betrayed him. Together with a little boy and in a race against the former apprentice turned toy seller, she brings back joy and inspiration. It's very sweet. Additionally it has a plethora of fun songs, because, yes, this is technically something of a musical. Because this movie is new, you probably haven't seen it yet and I'd recommend you do!

(Yes, I only wrote this post in January 2021, but it looks better this way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am in my mid 20s and finished my university career. My areas of study included media analysis, literary and cultural studies, linguistics, and history. I like reading, drawing, writing, movies, TV, friends, traveling, dancing and all kinds of small things that make me happy. Just trying to spread some love.

Books of 2023

A quick round up of the novels I read last year: Maggie Stiefvater - Greywaren    Third installment of the Dreamers trilogy in which differe...