Sunday, November 29, 2020

Let's talk Christmas movies: Love Actually

I enjoy Christmas time. I was raised Christian and even though at this point in time no one in my family is really religiously Christian anymore, we're still participating in everything to do with Christmas. And I like it a lot, from the lights to the candles to the music to the giftgiving and receiving. It's probably because it makes me feel nostalgic and reminds me of when I was a child and everything was simple. 

 This Christmas time I am more stressed than ever and I have to remind myself to rest for a second and do what brings me joy. Something that does bring me joy is watching Christmas movies with friends and family. So I decided to talk about a different Christmas movie every week.

Starting with Love Actually:


 

My old favorite. Love Actually is one of the very few romcoms I can truly like, as well as the best episodic ensemble movie in my opinion, and I watch it at least once every Christmas time. What I enjoy about it is that not every story is happy, there is a plethora of different love stories, happy, sad, funny, cute, tragic, that are all enjoyable in their own right (except for the one where the dude is in love with his best friend's wife... what was up with that?). It does have flaws, of course it does, but it still holds a special place in my heart, because at the end when they show this collage of people joyfully greeting their loved ones at the airport I fully believe that love is really all that matters and I always, without fail, end up crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am in my mid 20s and finished my university career. My areas of study included media analysis, literary and cultural studies, linguistics, and history. I like reading, drawing, writing, movies, TV, friends, traveling, dancing and all kinds of small things that make me happy. Just trying to spread some love.

Books of 2023

A quick round up of the novels I read last year: Maggie Stiefvater - Greywaren    Third installment of the Dreamers trilogy in which differe...