Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Female Villain Archive 1: Anna

On my main blog I've once talked about female villains and how there are so very few of them (not counting the cliché fairytale evil witches or the high school mean girl). So this series of posts is dedicated to the vilainesses who are boss. Enjoy!

Starting out with Anna (Morena Baccarin) from the short-lived TV series V - The Visitors.
http://v.wikia.com/wiki/The_Visitors

She is the queen of a malevolent reptilian alien species that has come to earth to devour the humans. Joy! Of course this is not what she leads with. She promises cures and advancements and continually stresses "we are of peace". With a soft voice she convinces the world to trust her. She's ruthless when confronted with obstacles and dissent from her own people. Those who betray her suffer a gruesome death. When the show was cancelled after its second season she had all but reached her goal.

What I like about her is that she is the uncontested and efficient leader. She knows how to interact with the human world and has a meticulous plan. The Visitors are somewhat organized like a bee hive and as their queen she alone has control over the 'hive's' future and existence. And while she is mostly cold and calculating, she is not without emotion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am in my mid 20s and finished my university career. My areas of study included media analysis, literary and cultural studies, linguistics, and history. I like reading, drawing, writing, movies, TV, friends, traveling, dancing and all kinds of small things that make me happy. Just trying to spread some love.

Books of 2023

A quick round up of the novels I read last year: Maggie Stiefvater - Greywaren    Third installment of the Dreamers trilogy in which differe...